Gauge (gauge.ai) is seeking a Community Recruiter to join our growing, dynamic, founding team. The successful candidate will have a knack for relationship building, excellent communication skills, an energetic personality with a creative spirit, attention to detail, be a self-starter and team-player, and believe in the central importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge supports brands that contribute to a complex ecosystem of billions of users and thousands of partners around the world. Gauge bridges the gap between brands, organizations, and institutions, and the diverse cultural leaders they typically hear from too late. Gauge provides research infused with technology and innovation for partners to build compelling stories surrounding their brands—that have an impact on people’s lives.
Gauge is a fast-growing, Black-owned tech start-up empowering brands and organizations to achieve both social and business benefit. Our flagship product, NXTLAB by Gauge, creates a direct line of communication between those brands and organizations and the diverse, leading cultural voices they typically hear from too late. In an era of big, lofty promises on values, impact and inclusivity, the technology equips decision-makers to avoid missteps and deliver in meaningful ways.
Recently featured in the Washington Post and founded by Joshua Dubois – once “pastor in chief” to former President Obama – the platform is now advancing game-changing initiatives and more inclusive decision making at some of the country’s leading brands: Snapchat, P&G, Sephora, and others. Check out our recent coverage on Cheddar, ABC 7, and Bloomberg.
About the Role
Reporting to our Associate Managing Director, the Community Recruiter will be responsible for growing and cultivating our community of 12,000+ thought leaders, identifying new and leading voices in culture and developing various streams of engagement; driving referral programs and brand ambassador strategy.
- Outgoing social extrovert that thrives on the energy of others.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive a project from ideation to delivery
- Detail and customer service orientation
- Communication connector with skills including public speaking, presenting, and writing (the ability to write compelling emails, newsletters, and copy)
- Ability to juggle multiple competing projects, deadlines and priorities
- Ability to operate independently, proactively raising questions, issues or concerns
- Cultural awareness –– a sense of interest in what is happening in the world, and how that awareness relates to your work
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
- Community Cultivation: Manage and drive an influencer community (shaping the experience of 13k and counting) that is measurable and scalable, including analyzing and optimizing trends, gathering community insights, collecting sentiment and feedback to improve community experience and needs and supporting community members to understand the impact of their contribution.
- Influencer Recruitment: Develop and execute strategic plan to drive community engagement and growth/at scale in partnership with aligned Gauge teams.
- Customer Service: Proactively develop opportunities to address concerns for community members including but not limited to training, outreach and community connection points.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to refine, enhance or improve our core products to better serve and grow our influencers community.
We offer competitive salary, medical benefits and a dynamic, small, supportive team based with ample opportunity to grow and a fully remote work environment. You'll be on the ground floor of a tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including Target, Snapchat, Sephora, CVS Health, The CW network, and more.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.